No longer is Passover a difficult menu for those eating a gluten-free diet. It has become so easy to find gluten-free matzo these days. If your local grocery store doesn’t carry it right on it’s shelves, order on-line (amazon.com or direct from the manufacturer), but give yourself plenty of time (including shipping) to do so.
Most Passover recipes are naturally gluten-free. Below are some suggestions for GFP recipes to make for a memorable and festive holiday meal.
- GF matzoh (for the highly observant, this is not considered kosher for Seders at this time)
- Hard-boiled eggs, salt water in small bowls
- Sparkling juice
- Maror: bitter herbs: horseradish or romaine lettuce (bitterness of slavery)
- Charoses: apple/nut mixture (mortor used by slaves for building)
- Beitzah: roasted egg (symbol of life, perpetuation of existence)
- Karpas: parsley or celery (hope and redemption)
- Zeroah: roasted lamb shankbone (sacrificial offering)
- Chicken Soup with Quinoa Matzo Balls
- Asparagus with almonds
- Broccoli Salad
- Grilled Salmon and Cucumber Dill Sauce
- Scallop Potatoes