Back to Recipe Search
Turkey and Sweet Potato EnChellyladas
Sweet and Spicy Enchilada
- black pepper to taste
- 3 corn tortilla(s)
- Dash cumin
- 1 4-oz. diced green chiles can
- 1 eggplant
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 C. monterey jack cheese shredded or use jalapeno jack cheese for zing
- 1/2 C. pineapple fresh or canned, chopped or crushed, no juice
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 C. salsa mild or medium
- sea salt to taste
- 1 C spinach fresh, chopped or whole leaves.
- 1 C. sweet potato fries cooked or shredded sweet potato, cooked
- 1/2 lb. turkey ground, browned or sliced turkey, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/4 C. of salsa into the bottom of a lightly oiled or sprayed 9X9" baking dish.
- Place the browned turkey or turkey slices into a bowl and pour lime juice over turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the sweet potatoes (cooked fries or shredded sweet potatoes) with cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Add half the can of chiles and all of the spinach, stir together.
- Place the tortillas on the salsa in the baking dish, cut one tortilla in half and cover the whole bottom of the dish.
- Layer the turkey over the tortillas, then layer the sweet potato mixture on top.
- Pour remaining salsa over the tortillas. Top with chopped or crushed pineapple and the remaining green chiles. Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until the enchellyladas are bubbling and heated through.
Calories: 225kcalProtein: 14gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 356mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gBack to Recipe Search