Back to Recipe Search
Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
A delicious sweet potato recipe reminiscent of scalloped potatoes.
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper divided
- 1/4 C. coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 3/4 C. pecans chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper cayenne
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/4 C. sunflower seeds
- 2 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes peeled, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
- 2 1/2 tsp. thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2-qt. microwaveable baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Pour 2 T of the olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper and stir till thoroughly mixed. Pour into baking dish, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from microwave.
- In a small bowl combine the pecans, sugar, thyme, cayenne, 1 T olive oil, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the potatoes and place in oven, to continue to bake until the pecans are toasted, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and serve.
Calories: 270kcalProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 380mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gBack to Recipe Search