Back to Recipe Search
Summer Corn and Rice Chowder
Hearty summer corn and rice chowder
- 2 Tbsp. basil fresh leaves, chopped
- 3 ears corn cooked and cut from cob
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. zest
- 6 oz mushrooms button or shitake, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 3/4 C. parmesan cheese shredded, separated
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1 C. white rice cooked
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and season to taste with salt and pepper, cook till onion softens about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet, cook for a minute. Then add the cooked rice, mushrooms and spinach. Add the vegetable broth and cook on medium for 10-15 minutes. Add the corn and cook till tender around 3 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add 1/2 C. of parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Top with basil and last 1/4 C. of cheese and serve.
May added sliced or cubed chicken sausage or shredded cooked chicken for a little protein punch.
Calories: 192kcalProtein: 8gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 577mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gBack to Recipe Search