Back to Recipe Search
Stuffed Jalapenos and Shrimp
Who turned on the heat? Mouthwatering, tasty shrimp/jalapeno combination. The casein in the cheese will help to cut some of the heat in the jalapeno. Quick, and oh, delicious.
- 1/2 C. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 4 jalapeno pepper halved, seeded (wash hands and do not touch eyes after handling jalapenos or use disposable gloves)
- 1/4 C. lime juice
- 1/4 C. orange juice
- pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1 lb. shrimp uncooked, peeled, deveined
- In a medium bowl, stir 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined) with 1/4 cup each lime juice and orange juice. Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Mix together the cream cheese, at room temperature, and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Wearing disposable gloves, cut tops off the jalapenos and cut in half, lengthwise, and de-seed 4 jalapenos. Using a spoon, fill jalapeno with cheese mixture and cook or broil in toaster oven until cheese bubbles and browns, about 8 minutes.
- While the jalapenos cook, heat oil in skillet and take the shrimp out of the marinade and cook shrimp until done (opaque), about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve cooked shrimp with a side of jalapeno poppers.
Calories: 352kcalProtein: 31gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 440mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gBack to Recipe Search