Back to Recipe Search
Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
Great combination of flavors that make this a shrimp kabob with zing.
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 C. basmati brown rice cooked
- 1/4 C. cilantro fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic cloves minced
- 10 jalapeno pepper fresh, halved width wise, seeded (use disposable gloves when cooking with jalapenos)
- 1/4 C. lime juice
- 20 Lg. or Jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 8 oz. steak
- wooden skewers, soaked in water.
- Toss shrimp together with lime juice, cilantro, and garlic. Place one shrimp inside each jalapeno quarter, and wrap with ½ slice of bacon. If you like crispy bacon, you can partially cook the bacon before wrapping it around the shrimp. Shrimp cooks really fast. Thread onto skewers.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Lightly oil gluten-cleaned grill (or cover grill with aluminum foil) and place skewers to cook for 5 minutes per side or until the bacon has browned.
- Serve skewers over rice with a side salad.
Jalapenos are very hot. Although jalapenos lose some of their fire when cooked, you can always use a smaller portion of the jalapeno around the shrimp or beef.
Calories: 595kcalProtein: 16gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 616mgFiber: 3gBack to Recipe Search