Back to Recipe Search
Spaghetti Squash Primavera with Marinara Sauce
Who needs pasta when you have a delicious vegetable look alike. A healthy and vitamin laden modification of your favorite spaghetti and sauce meal. Try it, you’ll like it.
- 1 C. broccoli chopped
- 1 C. carrots chopped
- 1 clove garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 C. green onions chopped
- 1 C. marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 C. parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- 3 lb. spaghetti squash
- Bake or microwave squash to soften skin slightly making it easier to cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Bake: preheat oven to 350, place 1" of water in baking pan. Place squash halves, skin side up, in water and bake for 30-45 mins. or until skin can be pierced easily with a knife. Or, microwave: cook 7-10 minutes, cut side down, skin side up, in 1/4 C. water in microwave safe pan, covered with clear plastic wrap.
- Meanwhile, sauté broccoli, carrots, and green onions in the oil. Add garlic and Marinara sauce. Cook about 5 mins. until crisp tender.
- Remove squash from pot. Holding squash with a towel, drag a fork across the inside to pull spaghetti-like strands onto a plate. Top squash with marinara sauce and sautéed vegetables, mixing thoroughly. Add cheese.
Calories: 317kcalProtein: 6gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 504mgFiber: 8gBack to Recipe Search