Back to Recipe Search
Spaghetti Squash Aglio Olio
Twist on spaghetti pasta, use spaghetti squash.
- 4 lg. garlic slivers
- 1/2 C. mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 C. olive oil
- 1 C. parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 C. parsley minced, fresh
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes or to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1 spaghetti squash cooked, shredded, about 4 cups
- 2 C. spinach chopped
- Poke holes in squash with a fork. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes. Cut the squash lengthwise, remove the seeds. Place cut side down on plate, cover with plastic, microwave 5-6 minutes or till softened. When done, drag a fork through the squash, pull spaghetti-like strands out and put in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan or in a shallow pot. Add the garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add 1/2 c. water or chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the spinach and mushrooms and cook slightly.
- Add the red pepper flakes and salt, to taste. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the spaghetti squash and cook till heated through. Turn off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and parsley. Season to taste and serve warm.
- Optional: throw in some pine nuts for crunch
Calories: 324kcalProtein: 12gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 509mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gBack to Recipe Search