Back to Recipe Search
Smoothie in a Bowl
Put this nutrition-packed smoothie in a bowl and sit down to a flavor extravaganza. Toppings on this super thick smoothie will make you feel like it's dessert for breakfast. You never taste the spinach, but you get all the vitamins from it.
- 1/4 C. almonds for topping
- 2 bananas fresh or frozen, 1 for smoothie, 1 for topping
- 1/4 C. blueberries for topping
- 1/2 C. coconut milk
- 1/4 C. coconut shredded for topping
- 1/4 C. flaxseed meal
- 7 frozen strawberries frozen
- 1/4 C. g.f. granola for topping
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter
- 1/2 C. pomegranate juice or your choice of juice
- 2 Tbsp. protein powder
- 1/4 C. sesame seeds
- 1 C. spinach stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 C. whole milk
- Blend first 8 ingredients in a blender, add liquid first. Put spinach near the bottom. Blend till smooth, pour into a bowl and leave room for the toppings.
- Top smoothie in sections: sliced almonds, g.f. granola, sliced strawberries, blueberries, a few banana slices, shredded coconut. Some like to drizzle pure maple syrup over the top, but the fruit adds plenty of sweetness.
For anti-inflammatory options: top with cherries, blueberries, chia seeds
Calories: 374kcalProtein: 14gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 42mgFiber: 7gSugar: 14gBack to Recipe Search