Back to Recipe Search
Simple Lentil Soup
This lentil soup is so extremely simple, rich in fiber and folic acid.
- 1 C. carrot(s) diced
- extra virgin olive oil drizzle over bowl of soup
- 4 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C. lentils dried; soak overnight (at least 8 hours) then drain
- pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs rosemary fresh
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 C. white wine
- 1 C. yellow onion finely minced
- Wash and remove any small rocks/sand from lentil beans. Soak them overnight.
- In a soup pot, bring chicken broth to a simmer, add drained lentils, onion, carrot, rosemary and wine to the pot. Broth should be 1” above the lentils.
- Let simmer for 25-30 minutes. Test doneness around 20 minutes. Lentils should be soft but not mushy.
- Remove rosemary sprigs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Calories: 86kcalProtein: 7gFat: 1gSodium: 634mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gBack to Recipe Search