Back to Recipe Search
Excellent introduction into Indian-flavored cooking. Delicious, quick and easy to make.
- 2 C. basmati brown rice cooked
- 2 C. broccoli steamed
- 3 breasts chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/4 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. g.f. white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tsp. ginger ground
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 C. red onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric ground
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Add vinegar, stirring to form paste; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic; sauté for 20 seconds. Add spice paste; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in broth. Simmer for 10 minutes add shrimp and cook until done about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and side of broccoli.
Calories: 284kcalProtein: 30gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 756mgFiber: 3gBack to Recipe Search