Back to Recipe Search
Shrimp Tortilla Soup
Soup is good food, especially when you know the ingredients are GF safe. A little spice, a little crunch, AND very delicious. For more "heat", add a medium jalapeno seeded, veins removed and chopped.
- 1 avocado ripe, pit, peel and cut into 1" pieces
- 3 breasts chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless
- 1/2 C. cilantro fresh, chopped
- 6 corn tortillas try sprouted corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 C. corn whole fresh or frozen
- 1 can diced tomatoes fire-roasted, diced, undrained
- 1 1/2 C. frozen peas
- 4 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 6 grain-free tortillas
- 4 oz. green chiles chopped diced
- 1 limes cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 C. onion(s) chopped
- 1/2 C. pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 C. shrimp shelled, deveined, uncooked
- Cut tortillas into ¼” strips and place on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 300°F for 10-15 minutes till crunchy.
- Heat oil in a soup pot, add the chopped onions, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped chiles and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, corn and salt to taste.
- Increase the heat to high, heat until the soup begins to boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- To serve,divide half of tortilla strips among 4 individual serving bowls; ladle in soup. Top with avocado and cheese; garnish with remaining tortilla strips and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 319kcalProtein: 21gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 1224mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gBack to Recipe Search