Back to Recipe Search
Delicious, creamy, heart warming comfort food. Chocked full of vegetables that tops the taste meter.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/2 C. carrot(s) chopped
- 1/2 C. celery chopped
- 1 C. coconut milk
- 1/4 C. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1/3 C. gf all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. gf chicken broth
- 1 C. half and half
- 1/2 C. onion(s) chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 12 oz. shrimp fresh or frozen (thawed), rinsed and pat dry
- 16 oz. tomatoes fresh, chopped or canned
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- In large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrots, celery and cook till softened.
- Add the flour and salt and stir till smooth. Stir in water, tomatoes, broth and 2 Tbsp. sherry (optional), mix well. Add bay leaf, curry powder and pepper. Add the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes. Turn heat off and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf and a few whole shrimp (for garnish).
- Transfer soup to blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan, stir in half and half and cook at medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Garnish with shrimp and chopped chives or scallions.
May want to add a couple tablespoons of sherry for additional flavor.
Calories: 185kcalProtein: 13gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 314mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gBack to Recipe Search