Back to Recipe Search
Comfort food at it’s best. Shepard’s Pie with a twist on the potato top crust that is pleasantly delicious and healthy. Delicious taste and a warm feeling during and after you’ve eaten this dish.
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 C. broccoli chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter divided
- 1 small head cauliflower or half a large head
- 1/4 C. cheddar cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 1 C. frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 3/4 C. g.f. beef broth
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 C. mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 med. onion(s) chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary
- 2 Lg. russet potatoes
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Break the cauliflower into chunky pieces and cut potatoes into same size and steam both until tender.
- Put in the food processor or blender with 2 tablespoons softened butter and process until smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste. If you like them fluffier, add 1/4C. milk of choice. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté several minutes until soft.
- Add beef and cook for about 7 minutes, or until browned. Add peas, carrots, mushrooms and broccoli, and cook another five minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch, broth, and herbs and reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and put into a casserole dish. Spread the cauliflower/potato mix over the top, and add remaining butter and cheese on top. Bake 30-35 minutes.
Calories: 329kcalProtein: 20gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 144mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gBack to Recipe Search