Back to Recipe Search
Scrambled Eggs Benedict
A simply delicious breakfast or brunch dish, satisfying AND healthy.
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp. butter divided
- 6 egg(s)
- 3 g.f. english muffins halved and toasted
- 1 C. milk
- 1 C. mushrooms sliced
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. rice flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 C. sour cream
- 1 C. spinach chopped
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan; add mushroom and spinach, cook until soft.
- Sprinkle in flour; stir. Blend in milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add salt and reduce to very low heat and keep warm.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream, salt and pepper.
- In a large fry pan, melt the remaining Tbsp. of butter on medium heat. Pour egg mixture into heated pan. When eggs begin to set on bottom, start scrambling until desired firmness.
- Divide scrambled eggs onto each half of the toasted English muffins. Spoon mushroom sauce over eggs and serve immediately.
Add cooked canadian bacon on the english muffin (if eating grains) for a more protein and authentic Eggs Benedict.
Calories: 557kcalProtein: 21gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gSodium: 935mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gBack to Recipe Search