Back to Recipe Search
Roasted chicken is a delicious treat. Wait until you add the potatoes and squash for a one pan meal.
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 C. butternut squash peeled, cubed
- 1 chicken whole for roasting
- 3 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. garlic clove(s) minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 12 oz. red potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt coarse
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a baking dish, some like to raise it onto a small grate or cookie cooling rack (so air can circulate under the chicken) to make the skin crispier..
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Gently separate skin with fingers and rub spices on chicken under skin. Sprinkle coarse salt on top of chicken skin.
- Add potatoes and squash to baking dish. Pour melted butter over potatoes and squash. Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Calories: 373kcalProtein: 19gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 948mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gBack to Recipe Search