Back to Recipe Search
Raspberry Vanilla Trifle
Absolutely delicious, to-die-for Raspberry Vanilla Trifle. A great summer holiday treat. Add blueberries for a 4th of July favorite! Use the GFP Lemon Pound Cake recipe
- 1/4 C. cornstarch
- 4 lg. egg yolk(s)
- 1 12 oz. package frozen raspberries partially thawed
- 1 16 oz. g.f. pound cake sliced, 1/2" thick slices. Can use GFP recipe Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 Tbsp. gf vanilla divided
- 2 C. heavy cream
- 1 qt. milk
- 2 6-oz. raspberries fresh, reserve 12 for garnishing the top
- 1/2 C. raspberry jam seedless, if possible
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 C. sugar divided
- Place milk in a 1 quart microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Heat milk in a microwave until steaming (about 2-5 minutes).
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks. Turn heat to medium and and whisk in milk. Continue to whisk until thickened to pudding consistency, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in 4 tsps vanilla. Turn off heat. Transfer custard to a bowl, covering it with plastic wrap so the wrap touches the top of the custard (keeps a skin from forming). Cool to room temperature. Can be refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Raspberry Sauce:
- To partially thaw frozen raspberries, but them in a microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes. Transfer to food processor or blender, puree with jam. Put through a strainer to remove seeds. Refrigerate till ready to assemble. Sauce can be refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Whip Cream:
- Whip heavy cream, add remaining 1/4 C. of sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Add remaining 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Trifle Assembly:
- Layer ingredients in a 4-quart glass bowl so you can see the layers. Add 1 cup custard, then 1/4 of the fresh raspberries, 1/4 of the sliced cake, 3/4 C. whipped cream (save enough for the top layer), 1/2 C. raspberry sauce. Repeat 2 more times. Top last sauce layer with remaining whipped cream and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or overnight.
You can use the GFP Lemon Pound Cake recipe!! If you enjoy and can tolerate Kahlua (it is distilled and many gluten-sensitive and celiac folks can tolerate this alcohol), this is a fun addition to the whipped cream! 2-3 Tbsp. Kahlua or brandy.
Calories: 460kcalProtein: 6gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 173mgFiber: 3gSugar: 33gBack to Recipe Search