Back to Recipe Search
Quinoa Salad with Pears
Great protein salad with crunch. Clean, healthy, but most of all real tasty.
- 1/2 C. garbanzo beans canned rinsed, drained
- olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette dressing, optional
- 2 Tbsp. parsley fresh or 2 tsp. dried
- 1 Lg. pears cored, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pecans whole or chopped
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 C. quinoa uncooked
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 C. spinach chopped
- 2 C. water
- Add water and salt to a medium size saucepan, bring to a boil. Add the quinoa to the boiling water, cover and cook on a low simmer until all the water is evaporated and the quinoa looks sprouted and tender- roughly 10-15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, let cool and place it into a large salad bowl. Add the spinach, pear, garbanzo beans, pecans and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette dressing, optional
Calories: 265kcalProtein: 9gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 35mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gBack to Recipe Search