Back to Recipe Search
Quinoa and Blueberry Pancake or Waffle
Pancakes OR waffles (if you have the waffle iron). Use a mix if you’re pressed for time. Tasty with a little fiber and omega 3’s thrown in for good measure.
- 1 C. blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 C. flaxseed meal
- g.f. pancake mix Use according to package directions; Add to batter:
- 1 C. quinoa cooked
- 1/4 C. sesame seeds
- 1 C walnuts ground or pecans (optional)
- Heat a Tbsp of oil in a frypan to coat the bottom or coat a waffle iron with cooking spray. If making pancakes, cook approximately 5 minutes on each side, and sprinkle with ground cinnamon while cooking.
- Add all the ingredients to add a little more nutritional zest to your pancakes or waffles. Serve with real maple syrup or applesauce.
- Freeze extra pancakes wrapped in wax paper in a Ziploc bag. Pop out of freezer and toast for a quick breakfast.
Make a lot and freeze for another day to pop in the toaster for a quick meal on the run.
Calories: 220kcalProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 276mgFiber: 6gSugar: 3gBack to Recipe Search