Back to Recipe Search
Delicious pumpkin custard with a taste of Thailand. Like pumpkin pie without the crust! Make the night before.
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut toasted
- 1/2 C. coconut milk
- 3 egg(s)
- 5 oz. evaporated milk regular or lite
- 2 tsp. gf vanilla extract
- 1 lime zest or 1 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 C. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. 6 ramekins and a large pan like a roasting pot that the ramekins will fit into.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer. Add the brown sugar, beat until smooth, no lumps. Add the next seven ingredients and mix until smooth. (2 Tbsp of rum, optional). Heat at least 4 cups of water to boil. Can use a tea kettle.
- Pour the mixture evenly among the 6 1-cup ramekins. Set the ramekins into the roasting or large pan. Pour the hot water into the pan so it fills up to half way on the outside of the ramekins.
- Very carefully, without spilling the water, place the pan on the middle rack in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted at the center of the custard comes out clean. Remove the ramekins from the water/pan and set them on a cooling rack or on the stove top to cool.
- Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to chill, about 6 hours.
- Serve chilled pudding with a teaspoon of toasted coconut.
Optional: 2 Tbsp rum. Add leftover pumpkin to smoothies, your morning oatmeal or in your yogurt with fruit and granola!
Calories: 170kcalProtein: 6gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 170mgFiber: 2gSugar: 23gBack to Recipe Search