Back to Recipe Search
Crowd pleaser and great Mexican flavor.
- 1/2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbsp. canned chipotles in adobo (very spicy)
- 1 C. cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. garlic clove(s) minced
- 12 grain-free tortillas
- 1 C non-dairy cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pork roast Make ahead.
- 1 med. yellow onion chopped
- Cook pork roast in a crock pot covered with water and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, apple cider vinegar. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Or roast in oven, 4-5 hours at 325 degrees, depending on size of roast.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion till translucent, then add garlic for 1 minute. Add cornstarch, cumin, and chipotles; cook, whisking 1 minute. Whisk in broth and ½ cup water; bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, whisking occasionally, until sauce has thickened, 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a medium bowl and shred. Add 1 cup sauce to pork and combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour ¼ cup sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish; set aside.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute until hot.
- Fill each tortilla with pork mix; roll up tightly and arrange seam side down in baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce and top with cheese. Bake until hot and bubble 15-20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 699kcalProtein: 55gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 585mgFiber: 3gBack to Recipe Search