Back to Recipe Search
Polenta Parmesan Party Apps
Quick Polenta Parmesan Apps. Great to take to holiday parties.
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 C. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 C parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tube polenta cut into 12, 1/4" slices
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Lay the sliced rounds on a cutting board. Lightly brush both sides of the disk with cornstarch.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the polenta disks until browned and crispy about 2-3 minutes per side. Place on parchment paper, repeat till all the disks are sauteed.
- Sprinkle each disk with salt and pepper and about a Tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven. Bake till the Parmesan cheese is melted and slightly browned. About 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley or favorite fresh herb. Serve hot.
Top the polenta with other toppings besides parmesan cheese: diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, hummus, or crumbled bacon bits.
Calories: 190kcalProtein: 5gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 86mgFiber: 4gBack to Recipe Search