Back to Recipe Search
Pesto Sauce to Die For
- 3 C. basil leaves packed
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. garlic chopped (about 5 cloves)
- 3/4 C. olive oil
- 1/2 C. parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/2 C. rice cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts
- Place the walnuts, pine nuts and chopped garlic in a food processor or blender. Process for 15 seconds.
- Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. As you process the basil, slowly pour the olive oil in until completely pureed.
- Add the parmesan cheese and process for 20 seconds.
- Store unused pesto in refrigerator or freezer. Some suggest topping pesto with a thin layer of olive oil before storing.
Serve over shrimp, chicken, fish, meat or pasta. Great dip for bread or veggies!
Calories: 65kcalCarbohydrates: 0.5gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 60mgBack to Recipe Search