Back to Recipe Search
Perfect Stovetop Popcorn
Tastiest snack ever!!
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 C. popcorn high quality kernels
- salt to taste
- Heat coconut oil in large stock pot (3- 10 quart) and place over medium high heat till it's completely liquid.
- Put 2 or 3 kernels in the oil and cover the pan. You can add salt at this point if you want it to be distributed well throughout the popcorn.
- Once the kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 C. in an even layer and mix to coat with oil. Cover the pot and remove from the heat and wait 20 seconds. This way all of the kernels get close to popping temperature and will pop at about the same time.
- Return the pot to the burner, still on medium high. When the kernels start popping, gently shake the pot or move it back and forth over the burner.
- If you keep the lid on the jar slightly open, this will help release the steam to give you drier, crispier popcorn.
- Once the popping stops or slows to a few seconds in between pops, remove the pot from the burner, remove the lid and place the popcorn into a bowl.
- Optional toppings: paprika, cayenne powder, chili pepper, curry powder or grated parmesan cheese.
I like using coconut oil because of it's high smoke point. Another topping option is to lightly drizzle melted chocolate on the popcorn and let it set before serving. This becomes a fun dessert option.
Calories: 220kcalProtein: 1gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 18gSodium: 300mgFiber: 2gBack to Recipe Search