Back to Recipe Search
P B & J Banana GF Muffins
Yummy nut butter muffins with a surprise of jam in the center!
- 1 1/4 C. GF all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C. flaxseed meal
- 1/3 C. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 C. nut butter
- 6 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil softened
- 2 banana(s) peeled and mashed
- 2 egg(s)
- 1/4 C. jam
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, flaxseed meal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and blend well with a whisk or a spoon.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the milk, nut butter, butter, bananas and egg. Beat at medium speed with electric or hand mixer. Add the flour mixture and mix just till mixed and moistened.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cups or grease the pan with oil. Spoon mixture into each cup only till 1/3 full. Place a 1/2 tsp of jam on top of each muffin. Then spoon remaining mixture over the jam .
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving! If you can wait that long.
Use your favorite nut butter and jam. Can also substitute the milk for non-dairy varieties like coconut, almond, cashew, or soy
Calories: 200kcalProtein: 5gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 259mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gBack to Recipe Search