Back to Recipe Search
Orange Almond Cupcakes
Flourless Orange Almond Cupcakes with a hint of chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 C. almonds ground
- egg replacement
- 5 egg(s)
- 1 tsp. g f baking powder
- 1/2 C. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C. pure cane sugar or superfine (caster) sugar
- 3 tangerine washed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place 18 paper muffin cups in muffin tins.
- Place the 3 washed tangerines in a small saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 1 hour. Drain and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the tangerines in quarters after they cool and place in a blender or food processor and puree till smooth.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar. Add eggs, almonds, and baking powder to the tangerines and blend till mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon or small soup ladle and pour the mixture into the paper cups so they are 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool.
- Optional: Decorate the cupcakes with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar on top and add sliced strawberries and a mini chip.
Most cupcakes are topped with frosting, reduce the sugar and use a sprinkling of confectioners sugar and your favorite fruit. Refrigerate for a more solidified cupcake.
Calories: 260kcalProtein: 11gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 121mgFiber: 2gSugar: 17gBack to Recipe Search