Back to Recipe Search
Old-Fashion G.F. Crunchy Granola
If you are able tolerate oats in your diet, this is a tried and true, delicious granola cereal. Great as a cereal topper, yogurt mix, snack, or sprinkled on a Super smoothie.
- 1/2 C. coconut oil
- 1/2 C. extra light olive oil
- 1/4 C. flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. g.f. vanilla extract
- 5 C. oats
- 1/2 C. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 C. raw honey
- salt Dash
- 1/4 C. sesame seeds
- 1 C. shredded coconut shredded, unsweetened
- 1/2 C. sunflower seeds hulled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place parchment paper on a jellyroll pan (cookie sheet with sides) or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl. Add salt
- Heat next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan or microwaveable bowl till soft and pourable. Pour over oat mix and stir till thorough coated. Place mixture on jellyroll pan, spread into a thin layer.
- Bake 25 minutes, turn, bake another 25 minutes. May turn often till golden brown. The longer the granola is baked, the crunchier it gets. It also dries more while cooling.
- Cool and add dried fruit if you like, i.e. raisins, cranberries, dried berries, chopped dates.
- Place in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place, and easy access.
Calories: 315kcalProtein: 8gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 6mgSugar: 10gBack to Recipe Search