Back to Recipe Search
Better than most Italian restaurants. This thick and delicious minestrone soup is chocked full of vegetables and flavor.
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves powder or 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes Italian Style
- 3 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 2 14-oz. frozen mixed vegetables frozen or canned
- 1 C. g.f. macaroni dry
- 28 oz. g.f. vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 C. onion(s) chopped
- 1/4 C. parmesan cheese grated, optional
- 1 15-0z red kidney beans undrained
- 2 C spinach chopped or 1/2 pkg frozen, thawed and drained
- 8 oz. stewed tomatoes Italian Style
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Saute’ onion in butter. When onions are soft, add mixed vegetables.
- Add next eight ingredients. Cook for 30 min. on low heat.
- Take out ½ the soup mixture and puree in blender or food processor. I like to use the hand blenders right in the pot. Return pureed mixture to soup and mix well. Add macaroni and cook till the noodles are al dente about 15-20 mins. Add parmesan cheese and serve.
Calories: 324kcalProtein: 15gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 1151mgFiber: 7gSugar: 3gBack to Recipe Search