Back to Recipe Search
Mexican Rice Casserole
Makes my tummy happy, casserole, and pretty quick meal.
- 15 oz. pinto beans canned can, rinsed and drained
- 2 C. basmati brown rice cooked
- 1 C. diced tomatoes can, diced
- 1 1/2 C. cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1/2 C. corn frozen
- 3/4 C. sour cream
- 1 avocado(s) mashed with salsa and garlic salt
- 1 C. lettuce romaine shredded
- 1/2 C. salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine the beans, rice, tomatoes, ½ C of the cheese, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cilantro. Add the corn and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour rice mixture into pan, then spread avocado mixture on top. Spread the sour cream on top of the avocado, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve with lettuce and salsa.
Canned beans are for convenience, always a little healthier to soak whole beans overnight if you have the time and inclination.
Calories: 312kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 14gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 476mgFiber: 5gBack to Recipe Search