Back to Recipe Search
Quickest lentil soup I’ve ever made, lentils were still nice and soft without the overnight soaking. Tasty, flavorful and good for you.
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 4 C g.f. chicken broth
- 1 g.f. sausage cooked, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 tsp. ginger ground or 1Tbsp. fresh, grated
- 1 C. lentils
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 potatoes russet, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 C. red onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 C. spinach chopped
- 2 tomatoes diced or 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, sauté for 2 minutes. Add turmeric and next 6 ingredients and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, lentils, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add spinach 20 minutes before done. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- If using, add sausage 15 minutes before done. Serve.
Calories: 200kcalProtein: 13gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 962mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gBack to Recipe Search