Back to Recipe Search
Lemon Pound Cake
Delicious and moist Lemon Pound Cake, from How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook, by the Editors at America's Test Kitchen
- 8 Tbsp. butter melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1 1/2 C GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. gf baking powder
- 2 lemon(s) 2 Tbsp. zest; 1 Tbsp juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (400 at altitude). Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 41/2" loaf pan. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. If you're not using the GFP flour blend, you may want to add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum.
- Pulse sugar and zest together in a food processor or blender till combined (5 pulses). Add lemon juice, eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla and process till combined, about 15 seconds.
- With processor or blender running, add melted butter in a steady stream until combined, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add flour mixture and whisk until batter is thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees (350 at altitude) and continue to bake until cake is golden brown about 40-50 minutes. Rotate pan halfway through baking. It's done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely on rack, about 2 hours.
- GLAZE (optional)
- 1/2 C. confectioners' sugar, sifted
- tsp. lemon juice
- Whisk sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl till smooth.
- Spread glaze overthe cake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Let gaze set for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- The Cake can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 2 days!
Grinding the lemon zest with sugar in the food processor or blender releases a ton of lemon flavor!! Cream cheese was added to the recipe, instead of all butter, which is more typical of regular pound cake recipes. The reason being that cream cheese is more stable than butter when cooking and didn't cause a "greasiness" problem that plagues most all-butter gluten-free pound cakes.
Calories: 402kcalProtein: 7gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 290mgFiber: 1gSugar: 26gBack to Recipe Search