Back to Recipe Search
Keen For Quinoa and Shrimp Salad
If you’ve never tasted quinoa, let this be your introduction to the only grain that packs a protein punch. This is a delicious salad with or without the shrimp. A tangy delight sure to win over everyone into quinoa lovers.
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 C. dill weed Fresh, or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1/2 C. feta cheese optional
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/4 C. lime juice
- 1/4 C. olive oil I like to use lemon flavored olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 C. quinoa
- 1/2 C. red bell pepper seeded and diced
- sea salt to taste
- 1 lb. shrimp deveined, shelled, cooked
- 3 C. water
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients and set dressing aside.
- Cook the quinoa in the water according to package directions OR place quinoa in water, bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes., till quinoa is barely cooked and water is all absorbed.
- Let quinoa cool. Don’t rinse it.
- In a large bowl, add next 6 ingredients. Once quinoa is cool add it to the bowl and mix well. Pour dressing over salad, mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve it cold.
For a quicker meal, cook the quinoa first, then time to table is cut by 20 minutes. Can purchase cooked shrimp for another time saving idea (if using shrimp).
Calories: 577kcalProtein: 37gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 590mgFiber: 6gBack to Recipe Search