Back to Recipe Search
A healthy “chip”, both flavorful and crunchy.
- 1 tsp. brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. coconut palm sugar
- 1 bunch kale washed and thoroughly dry
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- pepper to taste
- sea salt coarse, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Tear leaves from the thick stem of the kale into large bite-size pieces.
- Put kale in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and toss till completely coated.
- Arrange in single layer on cookie sheet (no overlapping) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till crispy; edges are brown, but not burnt.
- Place chips in a serving bowl and sprinkle with sugar.
Be sure to place kale in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Overcrowding will steam kale rather than crisp it.
Calories: 166kcalProtein: 7gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 207mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gBack to Recipe Search