Back to Recipe Search
Kale and Carrot Salad with Almonds
Delicious citrus infused kale salad. Red and green colors make it a colorful salad for a holiday table.
- 2 Tbsp almonds lightly toasted
- 1 carrot(s) shredded
- 2 Tbsp. cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. honey or raw honey
- 1 bunch kale 1/2 to 1 pound
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest and 1 Tbsp fresh juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil or lemon flavored
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese shaved or shredded
- 1/4 C. red onion rings
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Whisk both vinegars, honey, oil and salt in a small bowl.
- Combine kale, carrots, onion, cranberries, and nuts. Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan cheese (if eating dairy) and serve.
- Optional Toppings: sliced strawberries, feta cheese, avocado slices
For plump and flavorful cranberries, soak in 4 Tbsp. of white balsamic vinegar for at least 2 hours or overnight. Add slivers of avocado for a nutrient punch. Try different nuts, like pine nuts for a variation.
Calories: 94kcalProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0.6gSodium: 377mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gBack to Recipe Search