Back to Recipe Search
Italian Sausage with Pesto Quinoa
Mouth-watering Italian Sausage with Pesto Quinoa
- 2-3 links chicken sausage Spicy Italian, pre cooked, cut into slices or chopped
- 1/3 C. g.f. pesto sauce
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 C. parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 1 C. quinoa cook according to package directions
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 C. spinach chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Keep warm in pot.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet, add sausage, bell pepper, onions and spinach. Saute for 5-7 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Add pesto sauce (GFP recipe or store bought) to skillet and heat with vegetables.
- Serve over quinoa and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Use GFP Pesto Sauce Recipe Recommend minimally processed sausage without fillers, nitrates nor nitrites. I use the Spicy Italian flavor, but use whatever fits your fancy.
Calories: 220kcalProtein: 19gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 772mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gBack to Recipe Search