Back to Recipe Search
Home Made Beef Jerky
Great jerky recipe, make your own and know how fresh the ingredients are. Fun take-anywhere snack.
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Tbsp. honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. red pepper
- 3 lbs roast beef beef or turkey, sliced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Use a sharp knife to slice roast into thin strips (1/4 inch thick or less if you can) and place strips into a freezer bag or bowl.
- Cover with remaining jerky ingredients and toss to coat meat evenly. Place in the fridge for 12-24 hours (covered if using a bowl), stirring or flipping the bag once half way through to evenly distribute marinade.
- Place strips of meat on a dehydrator tray- they can be touching but not overlapping. Dry on the highest setting of your dehydrator has for 7 hours or oven temp at 145 degrees for 7 hours.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
We recommend grass fed beef for a higher omega 3 count.
Calories: 177kcalProtein: 10gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 233mgBack to Recipe Search