Back to Recipe Search
Heavenly GF Vegie Lasagna
Heavenly GF Veggie Lasagna or add chopped chicken sausage for the chicken-lover.
- 1 tsp. basil dried or 1 Tbsp fresh, chopped
- 1/2 C. bell pepper chopped
- 2 egg(s)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 gf lasagna noodles use GF no boiling, oven ready noodles
- 4 C. mozzarella cheese shredded, separated
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 C. onion(s) chopped
- 1/2 C. parmesan cheese grated
- 2 (26 ounce) Jars pasta sauce
- 1 15-ounce ricotta cheese container
- 4 C. spinach chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or grease with oil.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook the mushrooms, peppers, onion, spinach and garlic till crisp tender. Add the pasta sauce and basil, bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together the ricotta and 2cups of the mozzarella cheese and eggs.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce mix onto the bottom of the pan.
- OPTIONAL: at this point, you can add chopped chicken sausage links to the tomato sauce.
- Layer: 5 lasagna noodles over the sauce, then 1/2 the ricotta mix, 1/2 the remaining sauce, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering and top with 2 cups of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Calories: 400kcalProtein: 23gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 740mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gBack to Recipe Search