Back to Recipe Search
Green Chile Chicken Soup
OMG, this is so delicious and easy to make you won’t believe how good it tastes. Creamy, flavorful and great texture. Very satisfying.
- 3 6" white corn tortillas plus more for strips
- 2 Tbsp. g.f. all purpose baking flour
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 C. onions diced
- 4 oz. green chiles diced can, diced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 32 oz. g.f. chicken broth
- 1/2 C. coconut milk, canned canned or half and half
- 1 chicken breasts skinless boneless cooked and shredded or chopped
- 1/2 C. monterey jack cheese shredded, optional
- Cut three tortillas into 9ths; place in food processor or blender and chop till fine.
- Add flour, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; blend to the consistency of cornmeal.
- Place oil in a soup pot over medium high heat, add onion, chiles and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add butter, after it melts: add tortilla flour mixture to the pot and mix till thickened. Cook 5 minutes stirring constantly so it won’t burn.
- Slowly add broth. Add coconut milk or half-in-half and bring to a slow simmer and cook 7 minutes. Do not let soup come to a hard boil. Add chicken, heat through.
- Tortilla strips: slice 2 corn tortillas into ¼” strips. Bake in oven or toaster oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, or until crunchy.
- Turn off heat and as the soup cools a bit, add the shredded cheese and tortilla strips.
Try GFP All-Purpose Flour Mixture recipe
Serving: 1CCalories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 14gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 945mgFiber: 1gBack to Recipe Search