Back to Recipe Search
Grain Free Pecan Torte
Gluten free, grain free, but flavor laden. This is a delicious pecan tort that you can be proud to serve to guests or take to a friend’s house for a party. Hits the “sweet spot”.
- 1 tsp. sea salt divided
- 4 eggs 1 for crust; 3 for filling
- 1/4 C. coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp. butter divided
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. pure maple syrup
- 2 C. pecans chopped
- 2 tsp. g.f. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. hazelnut flour
- 1/2 C. coconut flour
- Crust:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove middle rack. Use lower rack for bakingMix together 3 flours, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 egg, almond extract, coconut milk and 1 Tbsp of butter, melted.Press into a pie pan or 11” torte pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Filling:In medium saucepan, combine 5 Tbsp. butter, sugar, syrup and ½ tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts and vanilla. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- (If the crust has cooled, return it to oven for 5 minutes to warm through). Whisk 3 beaten eggs into the filling until smooth. Put the pie shell on a cookie sheet and pour the filling onto the hot crust.
- Bake on lower oven rack until the edges are set, but the center is still slightly loose, about 40-45 minutes.
- If the edges get very dark, cover them with aluminum foil half way during baking. Cool on a rack. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Some like to add a Tbsp of bourbon to the filling. Add at your pleasure.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 556kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 9gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 18gSodium: 384mgFiber: 5gSugar: 27gBack to Recipe Search