Back to Recipe Search
Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake
Bean cake? Unbelievably tasty and delicious, plus fiber and protein included.
- 1/2 C. walnuts chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
- 16 oz. garbanzo beans canned rinsed, drained
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. g.f. baking powder
- 1/4 C. flaxseed meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch pan.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave bowl (or heat in a double boiler), and microwave at half power for 2 minutes, stir every 20 seconds after the first minute until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Combine beans, flaxseed, and eggs in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the sugar and the baking powder, and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth. If using walnuts, add here. Transfer the batter to the cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost and serve.
Serving: 1squareCalories: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 6gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 35mgFiber: 4gSugar: 12gBack to Recipe Search