Back to Recipe Search
Fragrant Watermelon Salad
Refreshing summer salad for a hot summer day!!!
- 4 C. watermelon cubed or balls - (FODMAP)
- 3 Tbsp. red onion chopped or sliced - (FODMAP)
- 1/4 C. almonds sliced, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp. mint fresh, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 strips nitrate-free bacon Optional: baked
- 1/4 C. feta cheese Optional: crumbled
- If using bacon, try baking it in the oven. Preheat oven to 350, place bacon on foil lined cookie sheet, bake for 20 minutes or to desired crispness. No messy splatterings. Let it cool, then chop into bits or pieces.
- In a large glass bowl or salad bowl, mix together watermelon, onion, mint and basil.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add feta (if using) and bacon (if using).
- Serve as is or try a balsamic glaze drizzle.
- Balsamic Glaze: Optional
- tablespoons of white or coconut balsamic vinegar heated with a
- tablespoon of honey or pure maple syrup.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator and drain watermelon juice before serving.
Remember to drain watermelon juice before serving if not eating the salad right away.
Serving: 8ozCalories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 10gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 712mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gBack to Recipe Search