Back to Recipe Search
Dutch Baby Pancake
I never thought I’d be eating this decadent breakfast pancake, made for royalty, again. It’s do-able with our delicious GF all-purpose flour. Treat yourself and others to this deep dish, baked pancake with a choice of fillings to match your palate. Worth the wait.
- 1 C. milk - (FODMAP)
- 4 Lg. eggs
- 1 Tbsp. g.f. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 C. g.f. all purpose baking flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Vigorously whisk in flour until smooth (there may be a few small lumps) or use a blender for instantly smooth batter.
- Heat 2 T of the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet (or any heavy skillet that can be put in the oven) over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Pour milk mixture into butter-melted skillet. Transfer to the oven and bake until puffed and golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining tablespoon of butter, mix in lemon juice.
- Without removing pancake from the oven, sprinkle with lemon butter and turn oven to broil. Broil only till puffy and brown, don’t overcook.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with sugar and serve immediately.
Try GFP All-Purpose Flour Mixture recipe. Try cinnamon apple slices or almond filling recipes in the Dutch Baby Pancake.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 314kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 9gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 335mgSugar: 19gBack to Recipe Search