Back to Recipe Search
Curried Sweet Mashers
I think I died and went to heaven the first time I made these. Not a sweet potato lover, this recipe converted me to the vitamin-rich potato with the first spoonful. Paired with grilled salmon, is a match made in heaven.
- 3 med sweet potatoes
- 13 oz. coconut milk, canned can
- 1 Tbsp. ginger fresh, grated
- 2 tsp. curry powder, g.f.
- 1 tsp. cinnamon ground
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Peel and cube potatoes and put them in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 9 minutes till tender. Let cool, slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan, whisk/stir in the ginger and cook a minute. Add the curry powder and cinnamon, cook, whisking/stirring a minute or so longer, then whisk in the milk. Heat the coconut milk until steaming but not boiling. Remove the mixture from heat and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes by using a potato masher or place in food processor. Slowly add the milk mixture to the processor till the potatoes are the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and reheat in saucepan.
To make a puree, slowly add more milk.
Serving: 8ozCalories: 378kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 5gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 35mgFiber: 5gBack to Recipe Search