Back to Recipe Search
Cranberry Squash Pie
Squash and cranberries say Fall pie, doesn’t always have to be pumpkin.
- 2 C. butternut squash cooked and mashed, or acorn squash.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. apple juice fresh when possible - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. sour cream - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. cranberries roughly chopped
- sea salt Dash
- 1 C. dates pitted. For crust - (FODMAP)
- 2 C. walnuts chopped. For crust
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil add to dates and walnuts for crust
- Preheat over to 350.
- Can go crustless OR make date and walnut crust: put dates, walnuts, and oil in blender or food processor and process till mealy. Press into pie pan, no need to bake, just add filling.
- Spread squash onto a paper towel on a dry surface and let soak for 5-10 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Combine squash, eggs, juice, sour cream, sweetener, and salt into a large mix bowl or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chopped cranberries and pour into pie crust. Place back in oven for 75-80 minutes or until set, crust may be dark.
If in a pinch for time, use the organic squash puree in a can.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 183kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 38mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20gBack to Recipe Search