Back to Recipe Search
These sweet treats are delicious and flourless.
- 3 egg(s) whites, only
- 1/2 C. pure cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. g.f. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 14 oz. coconut shredded about 5 cups
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. If you have only one sheet, reuse the parchment paper for the second batch.
- In medium bowl (preferably glass), add egg whites (no yolks), sugar, vanilla and salt. Using a hand mixer, whip the ingredients until they look glossy, foamy and the sugar is dissolved. Around 10 minutes.
- Fold in the shredded coconut, gently till it's all blended evenly.
- Drop the batter, using an ice cream scoop (about 2 Tbsp) onto the parchment paper, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. If you only have one cookie sheet, remove the macaroons and place on a wire cooling rack and add the next batch onto the same paper.
- Let the macaroons cool completely before putting them into an airtight container.
Can keep the macaroons at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1macaroonCalories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 97mgFiber: 2gSugar: 17gBack to Recipe Search