Back to Recipe Search
Coconut Curry Chicken
Delicious warm curry chicken recipe that is "comfort food", especially on those chilly winter evenings.
- 4 3-oz. chicken breast cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped - (FODMAP)
- 3 cloves garlic clove(s) chopped - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. g.f. all-purpose baking flour
- 1-2 Tbsp. g.f. curry powder to taste
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- cayenne pepper dash
- 1 1/4 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 13 oz. coconut milk canned
- 2 Tbsp. gf ketchup
- Melt butter or heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook till onion is limp.
- Combine flour, curry powder, dry mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne and add to onion in pan. Stir over low heat till blended.
- Slowly add chicken broth and coconut milk and stir till smooth.
- Add ketchup and cook for 2 minutes. Add cooked chicken pieces and heat to simmer. Serve over rice or quinoa if eating grains.
Can cook and let sit for an hour or so. Reheat and serve. Or you can refrigerate for a day and serve the next day.
Serving: 4ozCalories: 390kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 42gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 1009mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gBack to Recipe Search