Back to Recipe Search
Coconut Bean Soup
A family favorite, from young to old. So good, so filling. Bet you can’t eat just one bowl.
- 3 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1/2 C. red onion chopped - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. red bell pepper chopped
- 2 C. swiss chard shredded or spinach. About 2 leaves, rib removed
- 11/2 tsp. g.f. curry powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 C. tomatoes fresh, chopped
- 2 cans kidney beans don't rinse or drain, drain and rinse for less sodium, then add more water to soup. - (FODMAP)
- 16 oz. coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 C. basmati brown rice cooked
- In a large soup pot, melt butter or oil; sauté onions, red pepper, swiss chard.
- Add curry, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, coconut milk, and simmer for 10 minutes. Do not bring to boil. Add rice and adjust seasoning to taste.
Serving: 8ozCalories: 216kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 6gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 552mgFiber: 15gSugar: 2gBack to Recipe Search