Back to Recipe Search
Chicken Tikka Masala
Tasty, wonderfully aromatic chicken and rice dish. Makes you want to watch a Bollywood movie after dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts skinless boneless
- 1 tsp. sea salt coarse
- 1 tsp. coriander ground
- 1 tsp. cumin ground
- 2 Tbsp. butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion diced - (FODMAP)
- 4 oz. green chiles diced or fresh roasted chiles, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. garlic cloves minced - (FODMAP)
- 1 tsp. ginger ground
- 3 Tbsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. pure cane sugar
- 1 C. heavy cream - (FODMAP)
- 4 C. basmati brown rice cooked
- 1/4 C. cilantro fresh, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Season chicken with salt, coriander, cumin. Grill chicken until done (about 5 minutes each side) and cut into cubes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In large skillet melt 2 T butter over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger and sauté 1 minute. Add garam masala and turmeric. Add tomato and sugar; simmer for 10 minutes or till liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Add in heavy cream, chicken, cilantro and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice.
May add corn and peas to the rice for more color and nutrition.
Serving: 1C.Calories: 407kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 38gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 245mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gBack to Recipe Search