Back to Recipe Search
Chicken Soup or Broth
Chicken soup for the soul!
- 5 C. water
- 4 Stalks celery cut in 1/4s - (FODMAP)
- 4 carrot(s) cut in 1/4s
- 1 yellow onion peeled and quartered - (FODMAP)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic chopped (about 5 cloves) - (FODMAP)
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. dill weed dry or 1 Tbsp. fresh, chopped
- Use a chicken carcass (bones), no meat or skin left on it. Place in soup pot or crock pot.
- Place all ingredients in pot and simmer for 2 hours or put in crock-pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours. The longer the broth is cooked, the more flavorful.
- Strain the soup by pouring it through a colander and into a bowl or mason jar and refrigerate or freeze till needed.
Suggested serving options to add to the broth: cooked veggies (i.e. carrots, broccoli, zucchini slices), rice and/or quinoa matzo balls, pieces of cooked chicken, an egg or gluten-free pasta
Serving: 1C.Calories: 50kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 2gSodium: 1486mgSugar: 3gBack to Recipe Search