Back to Recipe Search
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Quick and delicious, healthy, clean fresh food for dinner or lunch. Fun for entertaining too.
- 1/3 C. g.f. teriyaki sauce or GF Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. g.f. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. rice vinegar
- 4 chicken breasts skinless boneless
- 1 head lettuce iceberg leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1/2 C. basil leaves chopped
- 4 green onions chopped - (FODMAP)
- 1/2 C. peanuts coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. In a larger bowl, season the chicken with the salt and 3 Tbs of the teriyaki mixture.
- Grill or broil the chicken on both sides till well done. Let cool 8-10 mins., then chop into ¼” pieces. Add the chicken to the teriyaki mixture and mix to coat all of the chicken.
- Serve the chicken in the bowl with a serving spoon. Place the lettuce leaves and basil on a platter. Put the green onions and peanuts in small serving bowls.
- Spoon the chicken onto the middle of a lettuce leaf, top with the basil, scallions and peanuts. Wrap it up and pop it in your mouth, yum.
Use green leaf bibb lettuce for more vitamins.
Serving: 1C.Calories: 423kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 58gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 590mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gBack to Recipe Search